I previously wrote about the one specimen which had survived massive flooding of my seedling tray, last Summer.
Closer examination reveals there are three baby Sarracenia (either S. flava or S. leucophylla: I can’t be sure) in the one tray of three to show any signs of life.
The poor wee things were so small, I didn’t notice two of them until I cleared away the bladderwort stems.
Again, my thanks to Fishie for the seeds.
Euphorbia, Pigface, Gazania and a few succulent cuttings. This is experimental, and the goal is to see which plants spread, and which help hold the embankment together.Liriope and Seaside Daisy. The bank, from below. After mulching.
… by birds!
Swoopy’s after me for a feed before I can even start on the plants. There’s a bit of order in the succulents now, and room for new growth. Lots of pods on the Hardenbergia! Mr Pie happened along,
and so did Brave,and Saucy.
She’s had an encounter with a cat, a crow, or something, and suffered damage to her left wing, as well as losing some feathers on the leading edge. I try to give her food while she’s perched on something high, as she has problems getting airborne with a full beak.
This Pale Rosella was sampling the neighbour’s loquats.
And a Wattle Bird sits in my tea-tree. Tomorrow, I’m filling the old wheelbarrow with water as a birdbath for the wild birds during the coming heatwave, and I expect a few of these guys will get right into it.
I’ve had a staff vacancy for a few months, since the last poor old Bluey met her end: I didn’t see her in the woodpile till I’d moved a large piece of timber and squished her.
Death-Of-Snails is the name, and I hope we’ll have many happy years here.